Saturday, August 05, 2006

The more things change........

There is an old saying: "You can't go home again".

I have found a way to disagree with this.

I have decided to leave San Diego for Stockton. I used to live in Stockton, and enjoyed it very much. I still have a large social circle there and am looking forward to seeing them again. The best microbrewery I have ever been at is there, and I love the proximity to Lake Tahoe, Sacramento, and San Francisco. I think most of all though, is that it is still a relatively small city, one that I can get out of town when I choose to.

I miss wide open spaces. I miss farmland that you can look at to the horizon. I never thought that I would say that since I have wanted to live in San Diego my whole life, but it is true.

Stockton was home before, and it will be home again. I am not naive enough to think that everything will be the same, it won't, but the adventure of finding out what has changed and what remains the same is the exicting part.

People call me crazy for leaving southern California.

Yes, you can go home again, and I can't wait. I will always love San Diego, but at heart I am a small town boy. You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out fo the boy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Very well said my friend. Who knew you could be so lucid.

10:28 PM  
Blogger J-Dawg's Realm said...

The more things change, the more life comes into fruition....look at all 3 of us, in one year, back to where we all were at 18 - single and looking forward to the future :)

J

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home